Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's happening to your village?

Meanwhile, that neighbouring village seemed to have been infected by a plague. Healthy people were suddenly becoming sick and would die within a week.

There was a mild panic within the few villages within the vicinity. Was it an evil spirit? Was the village carrying some kind of unclean sickness. Therefore, people began to shun the residents of that village.

On one of the occassions of his accompanying her back to her village.

What's happening to your village?

Is anything happening to my village?

People are dying mysteriously.

They are?

Yes. In fact, I shouldn't be speaking to you. You might pass the evil of the sickness to me.

I don't think so. You don't have to worry. You won't get sick. I'll make sure you won't.

How could you ensure I won't fall sick? Are you a godess? A jinn? An emissary of Mohammed?

She smiled.

I'll take care of you.

How could you take care of me unless you are my parents or my sister or, in the least of possibilities, my wife?

Least of possibilities?

He looked at her and said,
I like you very much but I don't think you like me that much.

She stared into his eyes. She touched his elbow which gave him an electrifying jolt. Her eyes were a little wet.

As usual they parted ways, but just before they parted he expressed his concern for the safety of hers and her family's health.

I really wish you won't fall sick. I wish you and your family would move out of the village.

Thank you and I will never forget your concern for me.


Next - Next Chapter


No comments: