Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I have come to seek enlightenment


Who are you? The woman asked.

I am Dhammaputeri. My father is Hamidullah the seafaring merchant.

The woman's eyes were still looking for an answer.

My mother is Laksanaputeri.

Nope. The woman's question seemed unanswered, and so Dhammaputeri let out another piece of her piecemeal gems:
My grandfather is Raksa because he's huge.

Nope. The woman's eyes still seemed like they sought more answers.
My maternal grandfather is Dhammalignga Bharatya.

Bharatya the righteous?

So his name says. I've never heard anyone called him that except this certain guy. You know there's a jesty guy Simgha the son of Avignath and Mutiara.

I know him too.

You know my grandpa?

No. I know Simgha. He too has a simple soul and I like him very much. But I would really like to meet your grandpa.

Oh no. You shouldn't.

Don't worry. The woman looked at Dhammaputeri's concerned face.

Won't you consume him? I love my grandpa. I don't want you to hurt him.

No I won't and I can't. In fact, I have come all the way from a small southeastern province of Persia to seek his enlightenment.


Next - Next Chapter


No comments: