Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My grandpa cannot see you

Dhammalignga Bharatya sat behind a curtain of strung sea shells.

They made the familiar clanking noise as the strings of shells knocked against each other when Dhammaputeri slid herself in to see her grandpa.

Grandpa, I brought you a visitor.

I know.

She's at the front yard.

Bring her to the back garden.

Yes, grandpa.

At the back garden, the woman asked,
When will your grandpa see me?

He cannot see you.

Why?

He's blind.

Oh. Sorry.

But I'll find out when he'll meet you. Just wait here.


Dhammaputeri returned to inform her,
My grandpa won't be able to see you.

Why?

He needs someone to help him here. He has weak legs. He can only walk short distances and needs to hold on to rails.

But what about ...

You cannot go into his study.

Why?

Something to do with ... being toxic to your souls. There are implements and books in his study that are filled with Names.

Okay. Should I come anot ...

Actually, I could do some leg work as a messenger. You tell me what you wish to say to him and then I'll let you know his response.

That's a bad idea. Not that it's bad, but I feel bad having you do any leg work for me. But I desperately seek his enlightenment.

It's alright really. Ever since he went blind, I have been reading his books to him. I kinda know a lot of his stuffs nowadays.

So why don't you enlighten me instead?

I am half a water pot still. I would be telling you half truths. That's not good. And dangerous too. Dangerous for you. Anyway, let me talk to him about your condition.


Next - Next Chapter


No comments: