Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gorgeous But Unattractive

His encounter with this woman continued for some weeks as their acquaintance grew.

I really think you are an extremely gorgeous woman.

Thanks and I think you are a gorgeous man.

Gorgeous without a superlative? Gorgeous but unattractive?

My continued existence requires me to be honest, but I am extremely attracted by your person.

Attracted to me?

You are nice but kind?

Nice as in naive?

Yes. Naive.

Are you attracted to naive men?

No. I am repelled by naive people.

Then you are repelled by my naivete.

No. I am attracted to it.

How come?

I can't explain. Not yet.

He kept his encounters with the woman to himself. No one would believe him anyway. A gorgeous woman with Simgha? Not before all the men had died and a woman had no other choice.

They never managed to introduce each other's names. As far as Simgha was concerned, it would give him a culpable deniability if questioned about having met any named woman after dusk hours.


Next - Next Chapter


No comments: