Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hey, are you trying to rob me my bananas?

Dhammaputeri had been careful enough to calm the spirits and put them to sleep. As she rushed out of her grandpa's porch, she checked that the vampiress was still sitting calmly and immobilised under the angsana tree. But her skin and hair were turning intermitently orange like a flame was awakening within her.

Simgha was pulling his cart home as usual under the warm mid-day sun. When he saw Dhammaputeri in a hurry towards him, as usual,

You want a banana Puteri? As he held it out to her.

No bananas today Simgha. She pushed it aside.

My grandpa needs you. She pulled the cart off his hands.

Hey, whatcha doin with my cart? Are you trying to rob me?

No jokes Simgha. My grandpa needs you. I'll bring the cart back for you.

No, no. I'll push the cart myself.

Now! Simgha. Now! Run to my grandpa's house now!


Next - Next Chapter


No comments: